Hiii, everyone! Happy New Year~!! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
I hope you’ve arrived safely in 2019 and had enjoyable holidays so far! I originally intended to write a Christmas update too, but well… I was pretty much in vacation mode already and didn’t feel like spending an hour to write an update no one would really care about. (I mean, most of us were probably pretty busy with unpacking presents, stuffing ourselves with cookies and lazing around, right? ww) Besides, there was not much to say anyway. I spent most of December finishing the rest of the advent calendar artworks, coding the second part of the extended GENBA demo, hunting for presents and preparing for 2019. Speaking of which!
– I’m not going to dump all the advent calendar artworks in this posting. Instead, I’m going to put the “Extra” button up there in the menu bar to use soon-ish and make a little advent calendar gallery. (As well as a gallery for the Summer Special Artworks and the fanarts I’ve received so far!)
– If you’re a Patron or would like to become one, please check out part 2 of the extended GENBA demo to learn a bit more about what the heck happened at the Kaseki Residence! (And if you’re not, but still would like to take a closer look at GENBA, there’s a not-quite-as-extended demo available on itch.io~!)
– I still need some time to prepare, so I won’t talk about my 2019 plans today. At least not in much detail. These past weeks, I’ve pondered many things and I think I’ve managed to come up with a nice plan for the first half of the year, buuuut… there are still experiments that need to be done. Because my Experimental December was more of a “Somehow get all the stuff done until Christmas and New Year’s” December and I didn’t get to try out as much as I would have liked… (・・。)ゞ
Soooo… my resolutions for last year were…
“1) Finish Hyoukyo Traitor as soon as possible and get started with Kian’s and Claire’s story!”
“2) Finish any game, doesn’t matter which! (And release it, of course. I shouldn’t just keep it when I’m done :’D)”
Well, seems like I get half a point for those. Because at the very least, I managed to finish Hyoukyo Traitor, even if it wasn’t really “as soon as possible”. Unfortunately, I haven’t done a single thing for Kian and Claire’s story yet, and to be honest, I don’t know if I’ll work on it this year either. Making manga takes a loooooong time and I’d rather focus on games for the time being. Although, depending on how well my experiments go, I might have something else planned… it just won’t have anything to do with these two.
And once again, I didn’t finish a game either. In fact, I didn’t even come close, which is sort of depressing considering how long I’ve been at this. They say that “sticking with something and finishing it are two of the most valuable skills” and I can’t deny that – in that sense, my perfectionist additude is much more of a detriment than a virtue. This doesn’t mean that I think about giving up though! Not at all! You definitely will get to know my 300+ OC kids over time, I’ll make sure of that!
Like I said, I’m not going to talk in too much detail about this, but it is January 1st. So I guess some new resolutions are in order!
1) Finish and release a game. Like, seriously. Can we please manage to do this for once? ;;;
2) Participate in a game jam.
So these two could technically be combined (if I enter a jam on my own and finish a game in the process), but they could also happen separately. Like, helping someone else’s project to get finished would be fun, but it wouldn’t count towards the first goal, since that only ever meant “releasing a Prismanga game”. (Or else this resolution wouldn’t have any need to exist at all, since I’ve already released SHINRAI together with Gospel quite some time back.)
But what’s the reason for this? Well, I’ve always thought that these game jams look like a lot of fun and I already had NaNo plans two years back, if you remember Tsuikai Echo. But although I talked about it two or three times here on the blog, I never made a thread on Lemmasoft (which isn’t strictly necessary, but a lot of people do it, so yeah), I never made any progress updates and I never sent in my entry, so yeah… it doesn’t really count in my book. (According to my old posts, I got pretty sick in March 2016 and was out of commission for quite a while. So that probably played a big role in having my plans ruined…)
There’s also a third resolution, but that one’s personal and kinda secret, so I’ll leave it at that. I really think all resolutions should be doable though – in fact, I should’ve done them a long time ago, but well. Better late than never, right? Anyway! I’m going to wrap things up here, so last but not least, here’s a closer look at the New Year’s artwork! 2019 is the Year of the Earth Pig/Boar, so we got ourselves a cute little piglet… which made a huge mess and then fell asleep in Azuma’s arms. Shion is not amused.
ALSO! My talented friend Khana drew this awesome artwork of Taku and Kei!! It depicts the scene in Hyoukyo Traitor where they both take a look at the occult club photo! Aaaaaaaah, I love it!! o(≧∇≦o)
Alright then, that’s it for today! It’s getting really stormy outside right now so I’d better wrap this up quickly ;;
Thank you for still sticking with me, and all the support you’ve shown me in 2018! I’m determined to bring you at least one fun new game to play in 2019… and to stop that dumb habit of randomly vanishing for weeks >__> Ahem.
Have a great day, everyone! Take care~!